Friday 12 April 2013

Local Labour members back Rory

Earlier this week it was announced that I would be a Labour candidate in the East Midlands for next year's European Parliament elections.

I am really grateful for the messages of support I have received from Labour members and activists from across the region.

The Labour Party Branch in Eyres Monsell and Freemen - where I am a councillor - met this week. I am pleased and proud to have the support of members of the branch.

Members of Eyres Monsell & Freemen Branch Labour Party
supporting my campaign.
Pictured are fellow city councillors Virginia Cleaver, Bill Shelton and Ted Cassidy.

Later in the week members at Leicester South Labour Party backed my campaign.

Virginia Cleaver, Labour councillor for Eyres Monsell:
'As Rory's co-councillor in Eyres Monsell I know how committed he is to speaking up for the people he represented. He is tireless in his work to improve things for people and the community.'

I know Rory well and have campaigned and worked with him closely. He will be a strong addition to Labour's team in Europe. He will be an excellent MEP for our region.'

Gavin George, Secretary of Leicester South Labour Party:
'As Rory's Election Agent for Eyres Monsell I know how hard working and dedicated he is. As a fellow CLP Officer Rory is a campaigning politician who listens to, and speaks for, the communities he serves.'

Tweet your support: #Rory1forEastMids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.